Think you know this extremely diverse bunch of people in the UK? It’s harder than you think.
Thanks to prolonged fact-twisting by politicians and information overload, it can be hard to know what’s the real deal with the international student community in the UK. Is there really a big number of over-stayers? Are UK universities just flooded with a disproportionate number of students from Country A or Country B?
Using data from the Home Office and UK Council for International Student Affairs, we’ve put together a fun little quiz to test your knowledge and help us all gain some perspective:
1. In 2016/17, how many international students are there in the UK?
2. What percentage of students in British universities are international students?
3. At the postgraduate level, what percentage of the student body are from outside the EU?
4. Which nationality makes up the biggest group of international students in the UK?
5. Which of the following has the highest number of students from the EU?
6. Which of the following hosts the least number of international students?
7. Which of the following sent a higher number of students to study in the UK for the academic year 2016/2017?
8. Which EU country sent the most students to the UK in 2016/17?
9. Which is the most popular subject area among international students?
10. Which of the following is the lesser popular subject among international students?
11. Which of the following university recruited the most international students in 2016/17?
12. Did the UK grant more work-related visas or study visas in 2017?
13. How many nationalities account for over half the number of study visas granted in 2017?
14. Since 2013/14, has the number of international students from Saudi Arabia increased or decreased?
15. Which African nation sent the highest number of students to the UK in 2016/17?
Share your Results: