Do you want to study in the UK but haven’t met the requirements needed by UK universities? International pathway programmes can get you ready for your chosen degree.
These programmes can help you get academically ready, or boost your English language proficiency to the required level.
To encourage an ambitious student like you, we are proud to announce that you are able to enjoy our International Pathway Scholarship worth £3,000 to help you start your journey in January at Coventry University.😍👇
— Coventry University International (@covintstudents) November 26, 2021
Coventry University’s International Pathway Programmes
Many universities offer international pathway programmes to help international students get ready for their chosen degrees. Coventry University’s International Pathways Programme (IPP) has three high-quality foundation or pre-master’s study routes to prepare international students for university study.
By successfully completing one of their IPP study routes, you will be guaranteed progression onto a relevant degree at the university or Coventry University London, subject to meeting the specified entry criteria.
Coventry University offers an International Pathways 2022 Scholarship, an award worth 3,000 pounds to each successful applicant who enrols in the September 2022 academic intake at the university.
Its website notes that this award is only available once you have successfully completed the enrolment process for either of the two intake periods. No extra scholarship application is required for this award.
The international pathway scholarship applies to three study routes:
- International Foundation Year (IFY): A one-year programme for students who have completed senior secondary education but don’t yet meet the requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree with the university.
- International Year One: Aimed at students with an IELTS score of 5.5 or above, who can demonstrate a stronger academic and English ability compared to the IFY study route, but do not yet have the academic grades and/or English level to start the first year of a bachelor’s degree.
- International Pre-Masters: This enables you to improve your English while learning the study skills and research methods necessary for a successful master’s study. It is only available to international students that have already obtained a UK equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.
You must also meet the following:
- Be self-funded and paying international tuition fees
- Hold a conditional offer on one of the study routes for the International Pathways Programme
- Have made your deposit payment of £4,000 against your first year of tuition fees. This needs to be received by the university by July 31, 2022
You can expect to represent Coventry University as a student advocate while studying. This includes providing promotional information, which may include contributing to a blog, videos and interviews.
Flexibility to choose between two campuses
You will have the flexibility of choosing whether to study at the university’s main campus in Coventry or its regional campus in the cosmopolitan city of London.
Today marks a huge milestone for Coventry – dreamed of by so many for so long – as we officially begin our year as UK City of Culture.
Here’s a quick roundup of some of the things you can do around the city as the year gets underway: pic.twitter.com/9VrdrsA0GP
— Coventry UK City of Culture 2021 (@Coventry2021) May 15, 2021
If you enrol at the Coventry campus, you will have access to all the facilities and amenities of the main campus. The vibrant city of Coventry has plenty to offer. It was named the UK’s city of culture for 2021.
Coventry University’s North Greenwich campus in London allows you to explore the iconic tourist destination which serves as the UK’s capital city. The multicultural city gives you the chance to integrate with people from all corners of the world. You won’t find yourself bored in London as it is home to many attractions.