If you’re planning to study abroad in 2022, why not consider studying in Turkey?
This transcontinental country — located in both Asia and Europe — is famous for its Turkish delights (a sweet, chewy treat), oil wrestling, mosques that are architectural wonders and hot air balloon trips, but there’s more to the country that meets the eye for students who would like to fill both their minds and wanderlust.
Turkey is also known for its quality education, making it an incentive to study there. To boot, there are also scholarships to help lower the cost of your education.
Studying in Turkey: 3 reasons to do so
Quality higher education for international students
Studying in Turkey can be a good option for many prospective international students. It is the second country in the world in access to higher education with 94.2% schooling rate.
Turkey is part of the European Higher Education Area rated under the Bologna Process, ensuring international students that their diploma or degree obtained from a Turkish university is recognised in all European countries.
There’s no shortage of programmes
Studying in Turkey can be a great option as there is no shortage of courses to choose from.
With nearly 60,000 different programmes spread across 207 universities, students will not have to worry about not being able to find the perfect institution or course for themselves.
Rich in history, art and culture
Turkey is home to centuries worth of art, history and culture. From historical monuments and buildings kept in pristine conditions throughout both Byzantine and Ottoman rule, international students can learn and appreciate the beauty of what Turkey has to offer.
The birthplace of Middle Eastern poetry and literature, Turkey offers classic books and texts that are adored by both poets and history buffs. You don’t have to be an architecture student to admire the country’s historical marvels like the Hagia Sophia and Galata Tower, which carries centuries worth of history.
Studying in Turkey just got more affordable with Türkiye Scholarships, a government-funded higher education scholarship programme that aims to develop stronger ties between Turkey and other nations. It is available for international students looking to do their bachelor’s, master’s, PhD and research in this beautiful country.
What the Türkiye Scholarships covers
- Your tuition fees will be covered
- You will be allowed to take a one-year language course in Turkish for academic diversity and day-to-day usage
- Your accommodation will be covered
- Your one-way flight ticket will be covered
- You will be able to take full advantage of Turkey’s medical services with their included health insurance
- A monthly stipend will be provided. 1,000 Turkish Lira at bachelor’s level, 1,400 Turkish Lira at master’s level and 1,800 Turkish Lira at PhD level per month
Criteria and eligibility
The Türkiye Scholarships is applicable to:
- All international citizens
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academics
They are not applicable to:
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost their citizenship
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in programmes at Turkish universities who applied for their level of education
Must have a minimum academic achievement of:
- 70% for undergraduate candidates
- 75% for graduate candidates
- 90% for candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy)
You must not be over the age of:
- 21 for bachelor’s programmes
- 30 for master’s programmes
- 35 for PhD programmes
- 45 for Research Scholarship
The deadline for the Türkiye Scholarships applications is Feb. 20, 2022. It will only be received for one period for international students from all countries.