Are you a psychology major or a passionate psychology buff? Psychology is undoubtedly a popular major for university students, standing as a subject that helps us unravel aspects of the human mind and behaviour. Not to mention, it’s a super fun area of study!
But behind some of the famous theories you’ve learnt at university are the influential psychologists who spent countless of hours developing them.
So, do you know your famous psychologists and their equally famous theories? Let’s see how well you know your stuff:
1. This psychologist came up with the theory of psychosocial development.
2. Operant conditioning is a method of learning that occurs through rewards and punishments for behaviour. Which female psychologist came up with this theory?
3. The theory of cognitive development suggests that children move through four different stages of mental development. Who came up with this theory?
4. Two words: classical conditioning.
5. The hierarchy of needs is a motivational theory comprising a five-tier model of human needs, depicted as hierarchical levels within a pyramid. Who is the famous psychologist behind this theory?
6. This psychologist proposed the social learning theory.
7. This American psychologist developed the theory of drive reduction.
Liked this? Then you’ll love…