A cheating crisis is sweeping universities. Recently, celebrities have been indicted and even pleaded guilty in connection to bribing and defrauding colleges to get their kids admitted. This is just the most public aspect of the crisis. In universities worldwide, essay mills are big business among both domestic and international students, who contract them to ghostwrite or complete assignments for them.
This is a problem that affects everyone, from students to educators and society at large. Think you understand the complexity of this issue? Take our quiz below to find out:
1. Which of the following universities are not involved in the recent celebrity college admission scandal?
2. Cheating at universities is a problem that only impacts domestic students. True or false?
3. Which of the following does NOT constitute cheating?
4. International students are more likely to use essay mills than domestic students. True or false?
5. Which of the following were NOT one of the unique factors researchers have found to drive international students to cheat?
6. How much did the actress Felicity Huffman pay to a proctor to change her daughter’s answers on the SAT?
7. What is percentage of recommendation letters for Chinese applicants to US universities that are fake?
8. What was the FBI’s code name for the investigation of fraud in the celebrity admission scandal?
9. If software like TurnItIn fails to detect plagiarism, it is a guarantee of academic honesty. True or false?
10. How many students worldwide may have taken part in contract cheating, according to research?
Share your Results: