Singapore, as Southeast Asia’s arts and design hub, is thriving with countless creative shows, exhibitions and performances. Whether it’s strolling through the heritage-listed corridors of the National Gallery Singapore, admiring the CBD skyline illuminated by captivating art installations at i-light Marina Bay, or viewing the most recent creations at Singapore Design Week, this country offers a multitude of choice when it comes to what to see and where to go.
Regardless of experience, LASALLE offers you a suite of specialised programmes to help you pursue your passion within the arts and design. As Einstein once said, “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere”. Why not let LASALLE, Singapore’s only dedicated contemporary Arts College, take you everywhere?
Let LASALLE be the place where you can aspire, learn and create with endless possibilities.
Aspiring with LASALLE
Since establishing itself as Singapore’s first contemporary College for the Arts and Design, LASALLE has been granted numerous awards, with one of its many achievements including the EduTrust Star Award. This makes LASALLE the first local Singaporean institution to be recognised by the Committee for Private Education for excelling in all areas of management, as well as for providing high-quality services within education.
LASALLE’s alumni from the various arts disciplines share the same sentiment. With eight schools in arts and design education, LASALLE boasts many alumni who are now successful in their fields. A few of their stories include:
- Singer-actress Kit Chan from the School of Contemporary Music,
- Broadway performer Elena Wang from the School of Dance & Theatre,
- Film-maker Boo Junfeng from the Puttnam School of Film & Animation,
- Arts and design collective PHUNK from the School of Design Communication,
- International sound artist Zulkifle Mahmod from the McNally School of Fine Arts,
- Yuni Hadi from the School of Creative Industries, who is known for her contribution to Singapore’s independent film scene,
- In Good Company designer Sven Tan from the School of Fashion, and
- Benson Lee, the first Singaporean hired by the prestigious Studio F. A. Porsche, from the School of Spatial & Product Design.
With LASALLE’s track record of producing creative and critical thinkers, don’t you think it’s time to start your journey at LASALLE and add to the College’s stories of success?
Learning with LASALLE
LASALLE’s eight schools offer a breadth and depth of arts and design programmes, ensuring each programme gives students a comprehensive understanding of their chosen specialisation.
- The School of Dance & Theatre teaches Acting, Dance and Musical Theatre, as well as Performance, Technical and Production Management. Rehearsal processes, performances, and real-world experiences all form part of the package.
- By focusing on contemporary music performance, composition and audio production, LASALLE’s School of Contemporary Music equips you with the skills needed to succeed in today’s competitive music industry. Here, students can choose from five distinct music specialisations: Pop, Jazz, Classical, Composition and Electronic.
- The need for design and designers in a changing, dynamic environment has been well-considered by LASALLE’s School of Design Communication. Programmes offer the skills needed to shape the future through studio practice, plus contextual and technical studies.
- Learn about filmmaking and directing with the Puttnam School of Film and Animation. LASALLE offers all disciplines in the complex media landscape, from screenwriting to cinematography, to 2D and 3D animation.
- The McNally School of Fine Arts, with both practice and research programmes, redefines our perception of contemporary art within Southeast Asia. With LASALLE’s top-notch academics, you’ll develop rigorous research and studio practice.
- The School of Creative Industries will allow you to flawlessly manage a leading arts gallery or produce festivals and films.
- The School of Spatial & Product Design will transform your everyday interactions with places and objects. Through a studio environment, you can develop your knowhow in interior design, architectural practices, and even furniture and product design.
- LASALLE’s School of Fashion trains your eye for all things fashion, and offers you a chance to design garments and textiles or expand your knowledge of the fashion business.
Creating with LASALLE
LASALLE students receive practical, real-world experience that gives them the chance to truly create.
In one year, LASALLE welcomed 35,000 visitors to 33 exhibitions, 45 performances, and 48 film screenings. Young artists and designers have ample opportunities to develop, refine, and showcase their works throughout their time at LASALLE. Here, graduates are also highly sought after for prestigious creative collaborations with events such as the Singapore International Festival of Arts and Singapore Fashion Week, plus design powerhouses Porsche and OSIM, and many more.
What better way to aspire, learn, and create, than with LASALLE College of the Arts?