At first you were a little dazzled by the very British culture, but before long you settled in, and found yourself adopting some very quirky English habits….
1. That ‘gourmet’ feast of Beans on Toast has a very special place in your heart
You know your life’s gone down hill when you can’t remember the last time you had beans on toast#vegan #veganfood #veganism #govegan #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganchef #rawvegan #rawtill4 #30bananasaday #carbthefuckup #fruitarian #801010 #vegangirl #vegetarian #plantbased #hclf #simplefood #cleaneating #healthyliving #healthyfood #beansontoast #lunch #detox #fitness #veganlife #ukvegan #veganuk #ukvegans
And Beans on Toast with cheese – that’s a whole new level!
2. You’ve perfected the balance of ‘pre-drink’ and ‘drink-drink’ and now get the night right every single time
You pretty much have it down like some kind of military operation – “We have exactly 20 minutes to get drunk and get down to the club before the MASSIVE queue! Go go GO!!”
3. Through meticulous research and thorough experimentation, you’ve now successfully uncovered the perfect hangover cure
— Tariff & Dale (@TariffDale) November 15, 2016
Even if you’re not sure what the question is, just know that bacon is the answer!
4. You had strict measures in place to ensure you wouldn’t lose your deposit…but now you’re still not sure exactly what went wrong
“It was like that when we moved in, I swear!”
5. You signed up to every single student society at Fresher’s Fayre, but failed to show your face at a single one
Pretty much signed up to every society Leeds has to offer which would be great if I didn’t struggle to make it out of bed before 2pm atm
— Abigail Dore (@knockknockdore) September 21, 2016
Meh, you can always try again next year…
6. You spent two months of your life living off Subway and Dominos because you snagged so many vouchers during Fresher’s week
7. You still know which nights are the best to eat at ‘Spoons
Whether its Mexican Monday, Steak Club, Chicken Club, Curry Club, Fish Friday or Sunday Brunch; you truly are an ultimate Spoons Guru.
8. And you still have pockets packed full of sauce sachets
“Anna you’re not a student any more, you shouldn’t still be stealing sauce sachets from restaurants”
— Anna (@annakategwen) September 10, 2016
To all those restaurants who replaced the sachets with bottles – did you really think that could stop me?!
9. This is how you danced every night of Fresher’s with your new British homies
Totally working it!
10. And this is how you felt when you walked around campus as a third year
“Eugh, pathetic little first years…”
11. You made your absolute best mates for life in nightclub smoking areas
Nothing breaks the chain of girls finding the smoking area in a nightclub
— Xe. (@XeniaLily) October 13, 2016
12. You know the best place to get a 5AM Kebab
But that morning Donner tastes so god damn good!
13. You know all the best deals on at your local Tesco Extra
Swear every student in England has potato waffles for tea this week since tesco are selling the bad boys for a quid
— Leon Barnsley (@leonbarnsley) November 29, 2016
’cause you can’t deny a bargain!
14. You’ve perfected the art of ‘Banter’
Careful – once it starts it never stops!
15. You now drink exactly 37 cups of tea every single day
How did you ever function without it?!
16. You’re ready for battle every time you hear the word ‘Marmite’
It really is true – you either love it or you hate it!
17. You made a strategic decision to invest in an umbrella, and now lovingly refer to it as a ‘brolly’
And you’re all too aware of the pain that comes with wind and rain together…
18. You say ‘sorry’ all the time, even if it’s totally the other person’s fault
Since moving to the UK, it’s become a kind of catchphrase!
19. You’re familiar with Jeremy Kyle, Loose Women, and a riveting TV show called Countdown
It’s pretty much Jezza’s fault you handed in that last assignment so late!
20. You can now confidently tell the difference between Welsh, Scottish, Brummie, Scouse and Cockney accents
“Wye aye man! That’s proper wool behaviour, like!”
21. You used to cry if you were at a music festival and it rained, but now you roll in the mud with pride
The UK is probably a lot rainier than your home country, but it would be boring if everywhere was the same, right?!
Image via Unsplash